The twins looove eggs, so when I decided to give this recipe a try I thought it was a shoo-in. Since they also love to be unpredictable when it comes to eating, it was a shoo-out. They basically said ‘shoo’ to everything in the dish other than the eggs. I; however, had to stop myself from eating the entire thing in one sitting.
I found the recipe here, but used spinach rather than asparagus. I also bought a pre-made pie crust because ‘ain’t nobody got time for that’ when you’re trying to cook a meal during nap time. I hope your taste buds enjoy this one as much as mine did!
Ham & Spinach Quiche
Prep time: 25 mins Cook time: 50 mins
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1 cup of preferred cheese, shredded (I used a blend)
- 1 cup chopped spinach leaves
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- Allow pie crust to thaw at room temperature for 15 minutes. (This prevents it from cracking when you roll it out into the pie dish.)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk the eggs and half and half in a bowl and then stir in ham, cheese, and spinach.
- Roll out the pie crust into the pie pan and mold to fit. Then, place in the freezer for 10 minutes to chill.
- Pour the pie mix into the crust and bake for 50 minutes. (I baked mine a little longer because I may or may not have taken the twins on a walk and was late taking it out of the oven.)