Nani-Foodi Friday is here with a simple side dish that will please any palette. I made this last week for the twins to serve with the chicken nuggets from my previous post and it ended up being a hit for the whole family. When I arrived the next morning for work, their Dad apologized for eating all of their leftovers and put in a request for more.
I found the recipe here… and while the only change I made to the ingredients was using gluten-free orzo (which has a more sticky consistency when cooked than regular orzo), I’m positive it would be delicious with couscous, rice, or quinoa.
Basil & Parmesan Orzo
Yields: 3-4 servings Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 15 min
- 1.5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 1 3/4 cup (14 oz) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add orzo and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until the orzo has absorbed all the liquid.
- Mix in parmesan cheese and basil. Serve and enjoy!
If you have specific ingredients you’d like to see in future Nani-Foodi posts, please feel free to send me a message or comment below!