I’m not sure why it has taken me so long to share this recipe since I keep an endless supply in the freezer, but look no further for the best chicken nuggs in all the land (after Chic-fil-a, that is.) Trust me when I say I have experimented with A LOT of chicken nugget recipes. I’ve put chicken breast in a food processor and patted it into nugget shapes, experimented with different seasonings, and cooked them every way possible. However, after much trial and tribulation, this is the easiest and most delicious recipe… the twins could even make them. Just kidding, but ahhh wouldn’t that be glorious?
Baked Chicken Nuggets
Yields: 30-40 nuggets Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 15 mins
- 1-1.5 lbs chicken breasts
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1.5 tbsp Italian seasoning
- coconut oil spray
- Preheat oven to 425° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray with oil.
- Combine bread crumbs and seasoning in a bowl.
- Cut chicken breast into preferred nugget shape and place in a separate bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over chicken and toss.
- Coat each nugget in breading and place on a baking sheet.
- Spray top of nuggets lightly with coconut oil spray and place in the oven.
- Bake for 5 mins and then remove from oven and flip nuggets. Place back in the oven and bake for additional 8-10 minutes until chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
I usually make a batch at the beginning of the week and keep some in the fridge to serve with ketchup and a side or to throw into various meals for both the babies and myself (chicken quesadillas, wraps, chicken parmesan, chicken and waffles, salads, etc.) and keep the rest in the freezer.